Looking for church management software? This list will give you a simple, easy comparison of the best church management software on the market.
In this complete ChMs review, you’ll discover the best church management tool options along with a simple explanation of the criteria for choosing high-performing tools. You’ll also find overviews of each tool, screenshots, to give you a quick and that will help you narrow down the choices.
On top of that, I answer all the commonly asked questions about church management software; you’ll learn what church management software is and how it can change the way you deliver you manage and run your church in a more effective and productive way.
Best church management software
- WildApricot - Best free ChMS for small churches
- Elvanto - Best all-inclusive ChMS
- Breeze - Best for ease of use
- Chmeetings - Best value for price
- TouchPoint - Best mobile app experience
- Blackbaud - Best for managing people and payments
- Excellerate Church Management - Best for on-site local network installation
- Fellowship One - Best all-in-one solution
- Shelby Systems - Best CHMs for larger churches
- Servant Keeper - Best for contact management
The Lead Pastor is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Church Management Software Comparison Criteria
It's worth thinking about what makes a good church management software solution. To be featured on this list, I evaluated the church management tools based on the following criteria:
- User Interface (UI): How well-designed is it? Does it offer clear displays and intuitive navigation?
- Usability: Is this resources management system easy to learn and master? Are there tutorials and training? Does the company offer good tech and user support?
- Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations?
- Value for money: How appropriate is the price for its features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent, and flexible?
The 10 Best Church Management Software Overviews
In this post, we’ve tried to cover a broad spectrum of software, considering the complexity, price points, and functionality.
1. WildApricot - Best free church management software for small churches
WildApricot is a powerful, easy-to-use, web-based church management system for churches and non-profits to help manage administrative tasks, membership, website, event registration, and other activities.
WildApricot is a complete membership management system. Easily manage your contacts, process payments, send out emails, and register event attendees. You can also build a website for your organization using professionally designed and mobile-friendly templates.
Why I Picked WildApricot: WildApricot is designed for volunteer-run and small staff organizations with a user-friendly interface that doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge. You will also have access to the user community of peers and experts to get support and share knowledge of best practices.
WildApricot Standout Features & Integrations
Features include a member database, website builder, payments, event management, email/text communications, mobile app, and online store.
Integrations include WordPress, Single Sign-On Service, and dozens more by using Integromat. You can also access WildApricot’s APIs and webhooks for additional options.
WildApricot Pricing & Plans
Wild Apricot is free for up to 50 contacts. Paid plans cost from $48/month and come with a free 30-day trial (no credit card required).
- Easy to use
- Competitive pricing
- Highly customizable
- Limited choice of website templates
2. Elvanto - Best all-inclusive ChMS
Elvanto is an all-in-one cloud-based solution with many innovative features. Child check-in, privacy, and safety are some of the key features integrated into Elvanto, vital for children and youth leaders to ensure all in their care are accounted for.
Elvanto has an all-inclusive range of tools with no add-on modules and no extra charges. Some of the main features include access control, customizable forms, custom reports, mobile apps, event management, group management, email and SMS messaging, volunteer scheduling, and attendance tracking.
Elvanto makes the planning of worship services and managing volunteers simple. Create run sheets, schedule your volunteers, and access your song database, lyrics, and chords. It has a simple drag-and-drop interface that makes quickly creating service plans for your team a breeze.
Why I Picked Elvanto: Elvanto has powerful features for accessing financial data, contribution management, and can connect with various online giving providers.
Elvanto Standout Features & Integrations
Features include access control, customizable forms, custom reports, mobile apps, event management, group management, email and SMS messaging, volunteer scheduling, and attendance tracking.
Integrations include SongSelect, Faithlife Proclaim!, SafeMinistryTraining, MailChimp, Stripe, PayPal, Continue to Give, Mogiv, and Pushpay.
Elvanto Pricing & Plans
Elvanto costs from $50/month and offers a free demo.
- Great integration with 3rd party financial partners
- Check-ins don't always work reliably
3. Breeze - Best for ease of use
Breeze is an easy-to-use web-based church management system designed with small churches to mid-sized churches in mind.
With Breeze, you can easily add new data, send mass emails and text messages, track attendance and check-in children securely, and process donations online and by text message. Breeze requires no contract or setup fee and offers a data migration service to get you started quickly.
Why I Picked Breeze: Breeze makes it easy to manage your church's database, communicate with your members via email or text message, offer online and text giving, safely check in children, manage events and volunteers, and run reports.
Breeze Standout Features & Integrations
Features include a membership database, email and text messaging, attendance tracking, donation processing, reporting, and event management.
Integrations can be built using the Breeze API.
Breeze Pricing & Plans
Breeze costs from $50/month and comes with a free demo.
- Easy data transfer from other systems
- Responsive customer support
- Some features are quite basic
4. CHMeetings - Best value for price
CHmeetings is a powerful church management system designed for churches of all sizes and denominations. Easily manage church membership, groups, events, follow-up, and broadcasts.
CHmeetings transforms your workflow by doing it all online. You can create registration forms, see who already submitted theirs, and view attendance data for all events. Check-in is easy for leaders and members via the app. You can also offer your members an easy option to manage their online giving and event fees and easily generate up-to-date financial reports.
Why I Picked CHmeetings: Managing the legal, security, and privacy aspects of your data are easy, and with account restriction settings you have total control over which data individuals can access. CHmeetings include state-of-the-art security features and firewall technology. No matter what device you access data from, it will be secure. CHmeetings also makes daily backups of your data.
CHmeetings Standout Features & Integrations
Features include member profiles, small group management, to-do lists, events, forms, reports, users and roles, and contributions/payment management.
Integrations include Stripe, Twilio, MailChimp, PayPal, and more if you use their developers' API.
CHmeetings Pricing & Plan
CHmeetings is free for 100 members. Paid plans cost from $10/month for up to 250 members.
- Very affordable, tiered pricing based on church size
- Up-to-date security and firewall features
- Mobile app could use some improvements
5. TouchPoint - Best mobile app experience
TouchPoint is a substantial cloud-based church management software solution that equips church leaders and administrators of mid-sized churches to large churches looking for an off-the-shelf ChMS which is also highly customizable.
TouchPoint has a marketing feature for staying in touch with donors. Plus, Touchpoint’s customizable mobile app can help you manage your church better. It has a self-check-in feature so members can register their attendance during their events.
Church leaders can use the mobile app to create sermon notes to guide them during worship services. Touchpoint’s mobile app has an accounting feature that lets church members review their giving history and statements.
Why I Picked TouchPoint: A fully-integrated mobile app helps you share sermons, Bible verses, song lyrics, and other media directly to your congregations' smartphones.
TouchPoint Standout Features & Integrations
Features include membership management, volunteer management, child check-in, discipleship groups, ministry engagement, tithes, and event management.
Integrations include OnlineGiving, Twilio, and Sage.
TouchPoint Pricing & Plans
TouchPoint costs from $300/year (based on a 100-member church).
- Responsive tech support
- Best-in-class mobile app
- Initial setup has a steep learning curve
- Slow to implement updates
6. Blackbaud - Best for managing people and payments
Blackbaud Church Management Software is a cloud-based tool that can effectively manage your people, gifts, communications, events, and volunteers all in one place.
Better understand how your congregation is engaging with your church through a single source of data. With connected Financial Management, Payments, and more, on one digital platform. Simplify tithes and online giving for your congregation with one-time and recurring giving options via a connected giving app.
Blackbaud is an excellent church software for planning and executing successful fundraisers. You can use Blackbaud to ensure that you can communicate with team members to make planning events easier. Blackbaud also lets you monitor how team members are doing on their assigned tasks so you can offer assistance if needed. You can also use Blackbaud to create reports about your fundraisers to assess their effectiveness.
Why I Picked Blackbaud: With Faith Journey tracking you can get a better understanding of your members using comprehensive member and family profiles. Monitor attendance, anniversaries, donations, and engagement.
Blackbaud Standout Features & Integrations
Features include analytics, fundraising, relationship management, financial management, marketing and engagement, payment services, and church accounting.
Integrations include Bonfire, CallHub, CampBrain, ClickBid, GivBee, Gratavid, and Promp.io.
Blackbaud Church Management Software Pricing & Plans
Contact Blackbaud for a quote.
7. Excellerate Church Management - Best for on-site local network installation
Excellerate Church Management Software is a comprehensive and flexible solution that is highly adaptable to your church needs, including membership management, visitor follow-up, small groups, fundraising, child check-In, volunteer scheduling, and more.
Excellerate church management software features like member tracking and attendance tracking can help you monitor the growth of your church and implement plans to sustain the said growth. You can use it to generate church directories to help you connect with members. You can also use it to monitor a pledge, donation, or contribution for record keeping and accounting purposes.
Why I Picked Excellerate Church Management Software: With the help of Excellerate, you can send follow-ups so you can schedule visits or invite prospects to church events. Excellerate also lets you gauge your success in converting new members so you can improve your methods and attract new members.
Excellerate Standout Features & Integrations
Features include membership management, visitor tracking and follow-up, tithes and offerings, small groups, class sign-ups and attendance, email/text messaging, reporting, and volunteer scheduling.
Integration with your church website is offered.
Excellerate Church Management Software Pricing & Plans
Excellerate Church Management is free for 50 members. Paid plans start at a one-time fee of $145/up to 100 members and offer scaled pricing according to the number of church members.
- Choice between cloud-based or on-site installation
- No monthly subscription for on-site installations
- Scalable cost based on church size
- Accessing technical support costs extra
- Some knowledge of SQL is helpful.
8. Fellowship One - Best all-in-one solution
Fellowship One's church management software suite of tools allows for easily accessible and automated management of member data. You can rapidly assimilate new visitors and reduce the workload of your staff. Members can access and update their own data and stay connected to the community through a central, online environment. Fellowship One offers event management to plan events, manage resources, send invitations, and track registration.
Fellowship One can help you create an SEO-friendly website to make it easier to find online. It has a wide variety of website templates you can use to have your website up and running quickly.
Fellowship One also has a church accounting feature to help you manage your church’s expenses, payroll, and donations.
Why I Picked Fellowship One: You can automate communication with mass email, using attractive newsletter templates and easily target specific demographics or groups, and maintain quality personal connections with all your members as your church grows in size.
Fellowship One Standout Features & Integrations
Features include facility management, accounting & payroll, online giving, payment systems, mobile app, worship planning, website designs and hosting, and background checks.
Integrations can be facilitated through the Fellowship One restAPI.
Fellowship One Pricing & Plans
Fellowship One costs from $19.60/month.
- All-in-one solution
- Not so user friendly
- Outdated user interface
9. Shelby Systems - Best CHMs for larger churches
Shelby Arena is a full church management software solution with strong, ministry-oriented tools and seamless integration with Shelby Financials and ShelbyNext Giving. Shelby Systems can help you increase your outreach in many ways to both current and potential new members.
Designed for mid-size to large Churches, it is a cloud-based membership management tool that helps with child check-ins, attendance tracking, room reservations, and small group management.
Why I Picked Shelby Systems: Shelby Systems has a perfect software + hardware solution, including unique offerings like barcode readers, check-in hardware, check scanners, finger scanners, and mailroom tech. Perfect for large churches that need a robust ChMS with on-premise solutions.
Shelby Systems Standout Features & Integrations
Features include church management, church accounting, online giving, mobile app, website builder, background checks, and worship planning.
Integrations include ChurchStreaming, social media sites, and more with API and FTP access.
Shelby Systems Pricing & Plans
Shelby Systems costs from $35.13/month.
- Unlimited access to technical support and training resources
- Competitive monthly pricing based on church size
- Desktop app is Windows only
- User interface requires some technical knowledge
- Software is not updated regularly
10. Servant Keeper - Best for robust contact management
Servant Keeper is a powerful, easy-to-use church management system for attendance tracking, donor management, mass communication via email or text, child check-in, and custom financial reporting. Servant Keeper offers a cloud-based solution or an on-site solution that runs on your church's network.
Servant Keeper has an online giving feature for church members to easily contribute to your church. It has a small groups feature for creating, managing, and communicating with groups based on criteria you select yourself—age, demographics, gender, or group membership (volunteer, choir, parent, etc.).
Servant Keeper’s member database lets you add unlimited entries and you can add a large number of unique data fields to member profiles, like home numbers, mobile numbers, and email addresses.
Servant Keeper is available across multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS/iOS, and Android.
Why I Picked Servant Keeper: It's great for small group management! Servant Keeper's contact management software lets you add tags to member profiles to create groups and send custom messages to church staff, parents, choir members, youth groups, and so on.
Servant Keeper Standout Features & Integrations
Features include a membership database, small group management, emergency alerts, event management, online giving, child check-in, volunteer scheduling, and church accounting.
Integrations include Vanco, Pushpay, Simple Give, and Easytithe.
Servant Keeper Pricing & Plans
Servant Keeper costs from $10/month + app licenses. It comes with a free demo.
- Choose between an on-site or cloud-based solution
- Desktop app requires an expensive per-computer license
What is Church Management Software?
Church Management software (sometimes referred to as ChMS) is a suite of online tools that helps churches organize, automate and manage their daily church operations.
Now you’ve seen the eclectic mix of church management software in our list, you’ll see it’s a wide range of software and SaaS tools that make running a thriving and growing church more effective, easier, and better. It does this by providing a combination of tools that support and in many ways, automate, church administration.
Related Read: What Every Lead Pastor Needs To Know About Church Metrics.
What can Church Management Software do for my Church?
Church Management software is designed to streamline church administration, providing functionality for a host of different needs that churches have including communication, membership management, small groups and event registration, mass communication, check-in, and donor management. Below we break down the functionality you can expect and look out for in the tools listed below.
What Church Management Software Key Features Are Important?
Church management software features typically include:
- Membership management - maintain an up-to-date member directory including family and contact information for your congregation.
- Attendance tracking - Keep track of your congregation's involvement and facilitate Covid-19 contact tracing.
- Donor & Giving management - provides a secure channel of collection and management of tithes, donations, online giving, and other contributions from church members.
- Financial accounting - assists in the management of resources, tracking of expenses, and reporting.
- Communication tools - Send mass emails and/or text messages to all members
- Events management - easily organize events for social activities and outreach opportunities
- Volunteer management - Scheduling tools to manage large groups of volunteers to make running your church services as smooth as possible.
- Check-in and child security management - a vital tool to ensure the safety of all minors placed in the care of church leaders during Sunday School or other activities.
- Website builder - Tools to allow you to create and deploy your church website.
Other church management software
Does none of the above work for you? Check out the list below for additional church management software tools:
- Faithlife Equip - Website builder, giving platform, church presentation software
- ChurchTrac - User-friendly and affordable church management software
- CFS Live - Comprehensive church management solution for churches of any size
- Churchteams - ChMS to manage people data, groups, and online giving
- Ministry Tracker - Create church community small groups based on any number of criteria and track changes in groups
- Elexio - Automates and streamlines church administrative tasks
- CCIS - Convenient and comprehensive membership financial management system tailored to your church's needs
- Parishsoft - Securely stores diocese-wide parishioner information, financial data, and historical charitable giving records
- Power Church Software - Maintain membership, online donations, accounting, event planning, and general record keeping
- Realm - Build a thriving ministry with a broad range of integrated, user-friendly tools
- Kyrios - Manage all information and details on marriages, baptisms, confirmations, and catechumens
- Raklet - Create discussion boards and discuss different topics with your church members
- Text In Church - Leading provider of email and text messaging for churches
- CDM+ - Church people management with donations, accounting, events, payroll, and facility organization
- Planning Center - Organize information, coordinate events, and communicate with your team
- SeekerWorks - Guest onboarding and follow-up features directed to the person most appropriate to welcome each new member
- Church Windows - Scalable platform with independent modules for membership, scheduling, donations, and fund accounting
Other Church Technology Tools
Looking for something else altogether? Here are some other types of church management software and technology you should also consider including in your toolkit:
- Church software
- Church website builder
- Church presentation software
- Church accounting software
- Worship software
- Congregation Management Software
- Membership Management Software
- Donation Management Software
- Nonprofit Software
- Church finance software for payroll and expenses
- Volunteer management
Let Me Know What You Think
What do you think we’re missing? Which other tools do you recommend, and what would you add to these church management software reviews? We’d love to hear if you’ve got any suggestions, tips or thoughts on using this kind of software – why not share them using the comments below?
Here's a bonus for you looking to improve your church technology as well as management skills: The Best Church Technology Conferences 2023.