Church giving software helps church leaders keep track of tithes and donations. The software enables faith communities to grow their revenue streams by making it easier for congregants to donate regularly, either on-site or online.
Read my review to discover the best church giving software you can use in 2023. My review includes a description and a screenshot of every solution that made the list, and a comparison chart so you can determine which tool would be a good match for your needs.
Here’s the list of the best tools that I’ll cover in this article.
What do I look for when I select the best church giving software? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for solutions that have a clean layout, so they’ll be easy to navigate.
- Usability: I look for tools that are friendly toward people who are not tech-savvy, so even the older members of your church staff can use them without difficulty.
- Integrations: I look for tools that integrate with other solutions, so you can include them in your church management software ecosystem.
- Value for $: I look for software that makes church giving easy and engaging, so you can motivate your congregation to donate and make the most out of your investment.
Church Giving Software Key Features
- Donor profiles: The solution should enable you to create donor profiles, so you can understand your churchgoers and keep track of their giving history.
- On-site giving: The tool should help you accept contributions without relying exclusively on cash or checks, so your congregants can donate using the payment method of their choosing.
- Online giving: People are getting busier nowadays, so churches should make it easier to donate. Online giving enables your faithful to donate from the comfort of their own homes.
- Mobile giving: Mobile giving takes online giving to a whole new level, allowing your community members to donate anytime they want, even when they’re on the go.
- Automation: The software should feature some kind of automation. Automated confirmation emails or text messages help every donating church member know that their effort was recorded.
The Lead Pastor is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Church Giving Software
Here’s a brief description of each church giving app to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give a snapshot of the user interface.
1. My Well Ministry - Encourage recurring donations with a practical app
My Well Ministry is an online giving platform that helps churches and faith-based nonprofits encourage donations. The software has a clean layout and comes with a mobile version compatible with iOS and Android devices.
This solution enables you to process credit card payments and create new revenue streams with online donations. You can set up profiles for the members of your congregation so you can track donations.
Your church members can create accounts by verifying their phone numbers. They can donate and set up recurring gift schedules at a frequency that works for them. The mobile app is encrypted with biometric security, so all your donors’ data is safe.
My Well Ministry costs from $49/month.
2. Anedot - Build donation pages without programming skills
Anedot is a donation platform that helps churches accept online payments. The platform controls the financial process from end to end, so it offers you more control over your data and deposits.
With Anedot, you can build donation pages without writing a single line of code. The pages are customizable, look nice, and are mobile-friendly, so your community members can donate using their favorite devices.
Anedot’s reporting capability is a passable substitute for accounting software, allowing you to pull reports and understand the costs behind every donation.
You can start using Anedot for free. The platform will charge a fee starting at 3.3% + 30¢ for every credit card donation and at 0.3% + 30¢ for ACH/bank draft donations.
3. DONATION - Allow volunteers to record collections without seeing the names of the donors
DONATION is a church giving platform that’s ideal for a small church. The platform offers all the features you need to keep track of donors and donations without the complexity of a church management system.
This software has a simple layout that’s easy to learn. The platform enables you to issue charitable receipts to confirm the donations. There are multiple types of receipts to choose from, each optimized for a specific area - different provinces and territories in Canada, the US, and so on.
DONATION allows you to grant access to multiple users, which can be helpful if your faith organization relies on volunteers. You can grant users limited access, allowing them to see and record donations without being able to see the donors’ names.
DONATION costs from $30/per year. You get a free month for free. You can access a free 60-day trial.
4. Gyve - Stimulate generosity with round-up giving
Gyve is a contribution management software that helps church leaders motivate their congregations to donate. The platform has a neat layout and its iOS & Android mobile apps look great and are easy to use.
Gyve helps you encourage people to donate with cash, checks, credit cards, app, or text. Its text giving feature enables your community members to donate instantly by texting a number. The app allows congregants to split gifts and designate a single donation to different causes without making multiple payments.
One of the great things about this software is its round-up giving feature. This feature enables church members to round up their day-to-day purchases and donate that money to your church.
The solution creates its own reports and also integrates with church accounting software.
Gyve is free to use. The platform charges a fee of 2.5% + $0.30 per processed transaction.
5. FlockBase - Allow churchgoers to donate to different church causes
FlockBase is a church management software with powerful church giving tools. The solution enables faith-based organizations to accept online contributions via credit cards, debit cards, and eChecks.
With FlockBase, donors can schedule recurring gifts and allocate those funds to different causes. As a church leader, you can set up multiple causes using the platform and encourage people to donate.
The software helps you manage your church finances, allowing you to track donations, run payroll, and create detailed reports on fund accounting.
FlockBase costs from $16/month plus processing fees. The platform offers a free 14-day trial.
6. Vanco - Enable people to donate online, with QR codes, or via text
Vanco is an online giving platform that helps churches encourage donations and achieve their mission. The platform can be used independently or as part of a church management solution.
This tool makes donations convenient. Church members can donate online using your website, text messages, links, or QR codes. They can also set up automatic with each available option.
Vanco helps you create donation pages without previous experience. The webpage builder is easy to use and you can customize most aspects of your pages without difficulty.
Vanco doesn’t charge a monthly fee. The platform charges a fee starting at 2.65% + $0.39 per processed credit card/debit card transaction or 0.9% + $0.39 per ACH transaction.
7. easyTithe - Customize your mobile app and offer services that attract donations
easyTithe is a church software complete with online giving, event management, and church communication features. The solution helps churches of all sizes add giving forms on their websites, plan events, and collect donations through an online app and text messages.
You can customize easyTithe’s app with your branding elements or you can run it as is for easier access. The app offers a suite of features that may encourage donations, such as live streaming, push notifications, prayer requests, or on-demand media.
The text-to-give feature is easy to use and enables parishioners to schedule recurring donations with ease.
easyTithe costs from $19/month plus donation processing fees. You can try the solution out for free for 30 days.
8. Church Windows - Track the contributions of each church member over the years
Church Windows is one of the oldest church management software out there. The solution offers multiple features that can help you keep track of your community’s giving and pledging, and its reports enable you to get a clear view of your income sources.
This tool helps you enter donations efficiently. You can make entries by giver name or envelope number, and you can use descriptions for special giving situations or gifts-in-kind. The solution’s donation tracking features allow you to track annual giving and see the contribution of each community member or household across multiple years.
Church Windows integrates with many online giving services, allowing you to keep track of online donations.
Church Windows costs from $279/month. You can access a demo and request a free trial.
9. Pushpay - Customize the giving experience with branded visuals and messages
Pushpay is a suite of church software that includes powerful giving apps. This solution enables you to accept any type of donation via on-site kiosks, websites, mobile apps, or text messages.
One of the great things about using this app is that everything is customizable. You can integrate your church’s brand into the giving experience you offer by customizing the visuals and messages you send to your donors.
This solution enables you to create campaigns that encourage giving and pledges. You can simplify the donating experience by building pre-populated forms. Donors can schedule recurring gifts or they can schedule unique gifts for later dates.
Pushpay offers custom pricing upon demand.
10. Tithe.ly - Accept pledge campaigns and create giving goals for your community
Tithe.ly is a church management solution that offers strong church giving features. The tools offers your church members six ways to donate, allowing them to give via text, app, website, check, kiosks, or envelopes.
This software allows church leaders and their staff to choose when to deposit their funds into their bank account and creates tax receipts donors can use when filing their taxes. The tool’s reporting feature makes it easy to track your budget and fundraising efforts.
With Tithe.ly, you can accept and manage pledge campaigns. You can create accessible giving goals for your community and inspire churchgoers to help the church achieve its goals through consistent generosity.
Tithe.ly costs from $99/month plus processing fees. You can access a free 30-day trial.
Other Church Giving Software
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list.
- One Church - Complete giving solution that helps community leaders set up online donations via websites, mobile apps, or text messages.
- Shelby Systems - Online church giving solution that enables you to build giving forms on your website, social media channels, or mobile apps.
- Elexio - Church management tool that helps you accept online donations and manage contributions in real-time.
- Church Office Online - Giving solution that helps churches meet their financial goals by offering donors multiple ways to give.
- grplife Church Edition - Church management solution that enables you to set up online giving, build registration forms, track donations, and accept prayer requests.
- Aware3 - Suite of church tools that help you create pre-populated donation forms and registrations, and enable you to encourage giving via mobile app, text, or websites.
- SimpleChurch CRM - Online giving software that enables you to personalize the giving experience with branding elements and build scalable giving programs.
- Acts246 - Church community builder that helps you track donations and member attendance.
Build A Supportive Community With Church Giving Software
Most, if not all, members of your community use mobile phones these days. Make giving easier for them with dedicated tools.
Religious organizations should embrace technology to interact with their communities and further their goals. As Pope Francis said,
“[...]a better world is possible thanks to technological progress if this is accompanied by an ethic inspired by a vision of the common good”
If most of your community uses smartphones, read our recent article on church giving apps you can use to encourage donations.
If you want to learn more about building supportive communities from inspirational faith speakers, subscribe to The Lead Pastor.