Church presentation software helps churches engage with their congregation during a service. The software solution enables congregation participation during a church service by making song lyrics, video, PowerPoint, Keynote, sermon notes, Bible scripture, and information visible on a large screen or screens.
Also known as church projection software or worship presentation software it’s the best presentation solution for projecting song lyrics during worship and share Bible verses during preaching in a service or meeting.
But what is the best church presentation software in 2021? Whether projecting video files, sermon notes, PowerPoint from a Windows PC or Keynote from a Mac OS, find check out our pick of the best cross platform solutions allowing Linux or operating system agnostic support, in our list below. We’ve included some free church presentation software along with open source, and Android remote app options as well as paid options with ease of use, top of mind in our selection.
Best Church Presentation Software
- OpenSong – Best free, open-source church presentation software
- OpenLP – Best free church presentation software for Linux and FreeBSD
- Song of Songs – Best free church worship presentation software
- FreeWorship – Best for small churches with basic features
- Presenter – Best for large churches with advanced features
- Slipity – Best Mac iOS remote app for sermon
- Praisenter – Best for lyrics projection software
- Quelea – Best for sermon note integrations
- SlideDog – Best for simple stage display support
- Big Screen – Best for multilingual Bible verses
Church presentation software could be the tool you need for creating presentations that can be displayed at church services and church events.
The software allows you to display and present song lyrics, Bible passages and quotes, as well as announcements, and updates on a screen so that it’s visible to everyone in the congregation.
Some presentation tools can also integrate with online Bible resources and song repositories to fetch content and stream it live during sermons, prayer meetings and church services.
Why use church presentation software?
Church presentation software helps to make your church service accessible to the whole congregation. With a dynamic presentation displaying lyrics and scripture, the congregation can join in together. Here’s why you should consider using the software for your church:
- Enables congregation participation during worship
In the past song sheets or song books have been used but with church presentation software, this is no longer necessary.
When song lyrics are projected onto a big screen, or screens, it means that the whole congregation can easily read the song and sing along without getting lost. It makes the service accessible to everyone, to the same extent, without having prior knowledge of the song.
- Provides the congregation with quick (and multilingual) access to scripture
Many people don’t want to carry around a Bible with them, as they’ll use their phone instead. But using church presentation software for sharing scripture references means your congregation don’t get distracted while they start looking up Bible verses! What’s more, some solutions have multilingual functionality and can simultaneously display scripture in multiple languages which can be great for multilingual congregations.
- Provides easy access to important information
Church presentation software enables you to share your church notices and announcements either passively before and after the service, or together with verbal announcements.
Church presentation software functionality
Many of the church presentation software include feature rich functionality for the needs of churches to allow seamless church presentations:
- Presentation streaming for worship services
- Scripture database to display bible verses
- Video file playing from worship software
- Custom slides to allow a slideshow of notices or information
- Slide integration from Windows or Mac PowerPoint, Mac Keynote, or Google Slides
- Layout management and customizable slide layouts
- Multi-Screen display support
- Multilingual Bible and Bible translation support
- Drag and drop presentation tools
- Media library to allow playlist support including Spotify, YouTube or VLC
- CCLI SongSelect (Christian Copyright Licensing International) usage tracking
- Remote control (often within a functionality for the preacher to
- Countdown for the service to begin
- Stage display or stage view preview
It’s also worth considering plugins for other church management software support, as many, like Planning Center, offer support and integrations.
The Lead Pastor is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews of the 10 Best Church Presentation Software
Here’s a brief description of each of the church presentation software on my list, showing what it does best, plus screenshots to showcase some of the features.
1. OpenSong – Best free, open-source church presentation software
2. OpenLP – Best free church presentation software for Linux and FreeBSD
3. Song of Songs – Best free church worship presentation software
4. FreeWorship – Best for small churches with basic features
5. Presenter – Best for large churches with advanced features
6. Slipity – Best Mac iOS remote app for sermon
7. Praisenter – Best for lyrics projection software
8. Quelea – Best for sermon note integrations
9. SlideDog – Best for simple stage display support
10. Big Screen – Best for multilingual Bible verses
Other Church Presentation Software
- Worship Him
- Worship Extreme
- Sharefaith Presenter
- Renewed Vision ProPresenter
- Faithlife Proclaim
If you’ve ever wondered how the really big churches do it, here are the 10 Biggest Streaming Churches And The Software They Use.