Worship software is often also called church presentation software. But it’s more than that – as you’ll see in our list of worship software and tools below, there are other tools and software that you can use to help your worship band lead – and congregation engage in worship.
Keep reading this post to discover our shortlist of the best worship software for 2021, and you’ll discover tools that provide additional functionality beyond presentation – but help the worship pastor, worship band and team create the best worship service to help people encounter Jesus.
Best Worship Software
Here’s our list of the best church worship software and tools to help you plan worship, schedule people and manage music and projection:
- Planning Centre – Best for worship planning & musician app
- WorshipTrac – Best for simple, no frills solution
- WorshipTeam – Best for a stand-alone worship workspace
- Worship Planning – Best for low price solution
- Sunday Sounds – Best for MainStage worship patches and templates
- MultiTracks – Best for giving your worship sets a fuller sound
- FellowshipOne – Best for integrated ChMS functionality
- PraiseCharts – Best place for downloading sheet music for songs
- Worship Extreme Music Stand – Best for chord sheets and lyrics
- Transposr – Best for transposing songs to different keys
What is Worship Software?
Now you’ve seen the eclectic mix of worship software in our list, you’ll see it’s a range of software and SaaS tools that make planning, coordinating and running Sunday services and church services easier, and better. It does this by providing tools that support and automate the preparation and coordination efforts of pastors, worship leaders, musicians, and volunteers.
Other worship software for church presentation
If you’re specifically looking for ways to project lyrics, images and video onto a screen, you’re probably looking for a church presentation tool. For that, check out our full list of church presentation tools here.
What to look for when choosing worship software
- Script/Playlist/ Presentation Order Creation/Editing
Church services typically use a combination of songs, graphics, videos and countdowns. Sequencing these items should be easy and fast. Ask yourself – how easy is it to reorder a service
shouldwhen the need arises?
- Song Importing
How easy is it to import songs into the software? Songs tend to come from a variety of sources (web, e-mail, Word docs, other databases, etc.); how capable and flexible is the software?
- Song Editing
Once the songs are in there, how easy is it to edit them? This includes changing words, changing the order or creating custom verses and choruses.
- Song Background Support
Unless you put white text over black backgrounds, the way the software handles background images and video is important. How do these three compare?
- Audio & Video Handling
Video playback can include files and DVD; SD & HD; controls and format capabilities.
- Speaker Support
We do a lot of sermon graphics and text slides. How do we do it, and how well does it work?
- User Experience (For Training Volunteers)
The most powerful software in the world is useless unless people (in our case volunteers) can use it. How quickly can non-professional volunteers pick it up and run with it?
- Remote Editing
I like to create the playlists during the week from my laptop. How easy is it to do this and then move the entire show to the presentation computer?
How affordable is this, for a young church plant, and for larger churches
- 3rd Party Integrations
How well does this play with other church management software
Worship Software Functionality
- Volunteer (band/worship team) scheduling – Who’s playing and serving, when.
- Worship plans – Create unique plans for each service, including details on people, songs, and notes.
- Order of service – What’s happening, in what order.
- Rehearsal tools – Song library, transposing and media player
- Song & lyric projection – The song lyrics, on screen. Sequencing these items should be easy and fast. How easy is it to reorder a service should the need arise?
- Video projection – Videos, and background graphics.
The Lead Pastor is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews of the 10 Best Church Worship Software
Here’s a brief description of each of the church worship software on my list, showing what it does best, plus screenshots to showcase some of the features.