We’re looking to build a long-term relationship with a writer experienced in faith-based leadership. Someone with a love of writing and storytelling who is also passionate about, and experienced in, leading faith-based organizations or church communities.
You’ll be pitching, researching, and writing articles on The Lead Pastor, a forward-thinking publication and community for pastors and church leaders who are driving the discussion about church communities and shaping the future of church leadership.
We’re interested in working on a per-piece contract basis (not full-time salaried position). We’re flexible to accommodate thought leaders’ busy schedules. You could write one article per month, or one every other month, for example.
Topics we cover are:
- Church leadership: tactical advice as well as theoretical and philosophical approaches to leadership training, community building, and leadership styles
- Church communications: how to create church communication plans and strategies, how to use and implement communication technology in churches
- Church management: how to facilitate financial or donor management, church growth management, church administration, and more
- Church technology: how and why to use technology in church, what presentation technology is and why to use it, the best church technologies to use
You’re A Great Fit If You...
- Love writing about church leadership, ranging from the philosophical to the practical side of the profession. You love sharing knowledge and want to make a name for yourself as an expert in this niche. Church leadership is actually your thing. We’re looking for thought leaders (or thought leaders “to-be”) with experience in the field.
- Own your work—and want a platform to build an authentic relationship with a wide audience. We care deeply about our rapidly-growing audience and want to publish best-in-class content that they will absolutely love.
- Professional experience in church leadership: you’re a pastor, church leader, preacher, or similar role (3+years)
- English writing skills and a willingness to improve
- Adaptable voice and tone (we have a style guide to help)
- The ability to breathe life into traditionally dry topics.
- Previous writing experience, either on a personal or company blog
- Experience writing SEO-friendly, long-form blog articles.
- This is not a typical “content marketing” copywriting job. Instead, we want you to become a strategic contributor to the publication, share your articles on social media, and contribute to the voice of the brand
- Article length: from 800 to 2,000+ words
- Compensation: $200 USD per article (with opportunities for more qualified writers to earn more).
- You’ll be working in tandem with a friendly, multi-disciplinary team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- You have the chance to work on interesting projects and have a byline on a trustworthy, reputable blog
- Flexible workload
- Flexible schedule
- No weekends
- Ongoing & long term work.
How To Apply
Sounds like your cup of tea? Excited to get writing, share your knowledge and build your brand?
Please use this form to apply.
Thanks in advance for your interest!